Transportation




Shanghai Pudong Shangri-La provides easy access to Pudong international airport, so I don’t need to worry about how I’m going to catch my  flight back to Toronto. I will just need to get a schedule of the shuttle bus from the front desk, then get all my luggage packed and the hotel staff will help me to carry my luggage onto the bus.


Also, the Shangri-La Hotel is in a very convenience location that is close to the subways. I believe I won't have a problem to figure out how to take subway, since there are only 11 lines in Shanghai. Subway have connections all over Shanghai and almost all the stops are named by the main attractions, so I can  go to anywhere by following the map basically.


There are several types of subway tickets. Since I'm only staying in Shanghai for a week, I think single journey ticket is enough for me. Single journey ticket is better for people who don't take subway often.



Price of raking subway varies depends on the destination you go. As in the subway price table, the most expensive price is 4 RMB, which is less than 1CND. Subway is affordable and convenience for most people, so that's why people are more willing to take subway rather than having their own cars. My estimate of the budget for taking subway is around 20 RMB daily (about 3 CND).(http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/shanghai/transportation/subway-ticket.htm)