Main Attractions in Shanghai


Shanghai Bund & Huangpu River

 Huangpu river is the most significant attraction in Shanghai, so all tourists must not miss the chance to take a look at this beautiful river view. The river divides Shanghai into half, west and east. It's interesting that there is an obvious difference between the two sides. On the west bank (first picture), there are many western-style buildings; while the east bank has a huge contrast in different architectural styles that many modern skyscrapers are built as the second picture shows. These characteristic buildings on two sides of Huangpu River become the best signature of development in Shanghai.

 
Nanjing Road
 I can't wait to shop at Nanjing Road, since it's a must-see metropolitan destination that attracting all the tourists from all over the world. I can find modern shopping malls, theatres, and all different kinds of restaurants at Nanjing Road.




Yuyuan Garden
 Yuyuan Garden was built in the Ming Dynasty, so I will be able to find the unique pavilions, halls, rockeries, ponds and cloisters in the garden. I'm sure I will be amazed by the six main scenic areas in the garden.



XinTianDi

XinTianDi is the ideal place for tourists to have a good view of the history, culture, and the modern lifestyle of Shanghai, and it's also a relaxed place for local individuals to spend the nights. Most foreign people love to hang out with friends at XinTianDi.


Night View of Shanghai Museum
Shanghai museum is well-known since it has a large collection of rare cultural pieces.
Good News: Shanghai museum go totally free. I'm glad that China has realized the real values of the cultural facilities. 
Jin Mao Tower
 Jin Mao Tower is the second tallest building in mainland China.
It has the best elevators that can reach the speed of around 30 feet per second. I wish I could try and see how much this elevator is faster than the normal ones.

Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC)
SWFC is the tallest skyscraper in China. 




Jade Buddha Temple
Jade Buddha Temple has been famous since it has many ancient sculptures, rare paintings and Buddhist scriptures. My mom is a Buddhist, so I'm sure she would love to come here.
 

As a relaxed sight-seer, I usually plan my trip independently. I love to have my own freedom to decide what I want to do, and when I feel like doing it. Knowing locations of all the main attractions, I can better manage my time to go as many as attractions while I can also explore the locals and culture.